Earthy Green Bowl recipe
Ideal for a burst of greenery, and the perfect summer lunch, this earthy bowl will have your body thanking you.
- 40gr asparagus
- 40gr green beans
- 40gr baby peas
- 40gr broccolini
- 40gr kale
- 1 poached egg
- 15gr almonds
- 20gr red quinoa
- 1tbs Extra Virgin olive oil
- 3gr fresh ginger
- 1teasp sherry vinegar
- 1 lemon
- Blanch the asparagus, broccolini, baby peas and green beans in salted boiling water until cooked (not overcooked!). Set them aside.
- Blanch the kale for few seconds in boiling water, dry it and let it dehydrate at 60 degrees celcius until crispy (6 hours) Alternatively toss the kale in salt / pepper and oil in a large bowl and transfer to a baking tray and bake in the oven at 180 degrees celcius for 15 -20 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa in boiling water, dry it and let it dehydrate at 60 degrees celcius for 6 hours then fry it at 220 degrees celcius for few seconds or until puffed. Alternatively you can cook the quinoa by bringing it to heat, then reducing to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed for around 15-20 minutes then fluff with a fork.
- Roast the almonds in a fan forced oven at 180 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until they are golden brown and fragrant, then crush them.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and mix them together. When you are ready to plate, dress your greens and place them at the bottom of your bowl.
- Sprinkle the toasted almond and puffed crispy quinoa on top, place the poached egg in the centre of the plate and finish placing the dehydrated kale laying on the egg.
- Adjust with a drizzle of dressing and some cracked black pepper.
To make it vegan friendly, simply remove the egg from the recipe.
Credit: Blog post extracted from http://www.vogue.com.au/vogue+living/entertaining/green+vegetable+gluten+free+salad+bowl,44667